Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Re: Quantity exceeds the charge's min quantity 1.00000

Hi Claudio,

"Quotes relies on the Default Quantity being correct when it's synced. If you have a volume charge whose tier starts at 1, and your default quantity is 0, it's un-priceable and an error is appropriate. At best, Quotes can work around this by making an assumption that Default Quantity should be 1 instead of 0"

As a workaround,  you can use a before trigger or workflow to update ProductRatePlanCharge default quantity in Salesforce to 1 instead of 0 upon sync.

Engineering team considered baking this assumption into Quotes for a future release. We do not have an ETA on this yet.

Thanks,

Vishala

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

@claudiofreire We opened a support ticket and the suggested workaround there was to create a trigger or workflow.

We made a workflow on Product Rate Plan Charge with condition (everytime it's edited)

Product Rate Plan Charge: Default Quantity EQUALS 0) AND (Product Rate Plan Charge: Model EQUALS Volume Pricing,Tiered Pricing)

And then a field update to just set it to 1 which is working for us.

Support SME

Thank you @Nigel for sharing your workaround in this thread,

Doyeli

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

To save time mass updating the Default Quantity for existing ProductRatePlanCharges in Salesforce, you can run the following in the Developer Console>Execute Anonyomus Apex.

Note that this is only for existing Charges in the system. For charges created going forward, the workflow still needs to be created.

List<zqu__ProductRatePlanChargeTier__c> prpcts = [SELECT zqu__StartingUnit__c, zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c FROM zqu__ProductRatePlanChargeTier__c WHERE zqu__Tier__c = 1 and zqu__StartingUnit__c != 0];
Set<zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c> prpcs = new Set<zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c>();
for (zqu__ProductRatePlanChargeTier__c prpct : prpcts){
    zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c prpc = new zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c();
    prpc.Id = prpct.zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c;
    prpc.zqu__DefaultQuantity__c  = prpct.zqu__StartingUnit__c;
    prpcs.add(prpc);
}
List<zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c> prpcsList = new List<zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c>(prpcs);
update prpcsList;