Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Partner

Product Bundles Question

I am working on a scenario with a customer who wants to implement bundle products in Zuora for Salesforce.   They want to use the bundle products approach to make quote preparation more streamlined for the sales team.   However, when the quote is submitted to Zuora they want the bundle elements (i.e. the component product rate plans) to be created as separate products and rate plans on the subscription record.   This also allows them to account for the different product revenue streams using different revenue accounts and allows more flexibility when amending the subscription in the future (such as dropping one element of the bundle but preserving the remainder). 

Scenario:
Basic Package has 3 required elements (i.e. individual base product rate plans):
- Bookkeeping $700
- Tax preparation - $500
- Tax advisory and audit defence services - $300
The combined bundle price is $1500 per year.

I'm unclear how to configure this properly using the Zuora bundle functionality for products in SFDC.   Once I created the bundle (steps below) I do not see this bundle available to add to a quote in the guided selling wizard.    

1) I have created all the stand alone (base) products and their respective rate plans and charges and synced them to Zuora successfully.
2) I created the bundle product called "Basic Accounting Package".  
3) I added a product option group called "Basic Accounting Package"
4) from the product option group maintenance screen, I added product options for each stand alone component product.   I marked each option as required.
5) from each product option maintenance screen, I added a product rate plan option
6) from each product rate plan option, I added a product rate plan charge option and set the price for the stand alone charge

After completing this setup, I tried syncing the bundle product to Zuora successfully.   The sync only created the product level record for the "bundle" record.   There are no rate plans attached to this product which is as expected.

When I try to create a new quote and add this bundle product it is not presented in the list of available products to select from

Q: Is it possible to configure this scenario so that the bundle is the selected product in Zuora Quotes but it is the individual component rate plans that are sent to the subscription record in Zuora?

BundleProductTest.jpg
Sean Ralph CPA CA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner

Re: Product Bundles Question

Thanks for the call on this Nathan.

The solution (for those interested) is to create a rate planand charge at the bundle product level for $0.   Then,when creating a quote and selecting this bundle the bundle rate plan and the rate plansof the base elements included in the product option group will be added to the subscription.

This means there will be a rate plan on the subscription for $0, but this will besuppressed on the invoice format by suppressing presentation of $0 charges.

Hope this helps others.

Sean Ralph CPA CA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

This should be possible.  Just reach out to me via email and maybe we can schedule some time to go through your setup.

Highlighted
Partner

Thanks for the call on this Nathan.

The solution (for those interested) is to create a rate planand charge at the bundle product level for $0.   Then,when creating a quote and selecting this bundle the bundle rate plan and the rate plansof the base elements included in the product option group will be added to the subscription.

This means there will be a rate plan on the subscription for $0, but this will besuppressed on the invoice format by suppressing presentation of $0 charges.

Hope this helps others.

Sean Ralph CPA CA

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Thank you for sharing the solution @sralph !

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √