Happy Business Starts Here

Tutor

One Quote to Trigger Multiple Subscriptions and Payment Methods

The product we sell is setup with pricing based on location. For example, an auto dealership with 10 locations in the state will pay a unit price for each of the 10 locations, regardless of how many users they create in the system. We frequently close a deal with multiple locations for a single company, but each location wants to use their own credit card to pay for the software. Is there an easy way for me to configure Zuora for Salesforce to capture multiple payment methods and have each payment method tie to a single location so we can automate the billing and payment runs once they are in Zuora?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Alumni

Re: One Quote to Trigger Multiple Subscriptions and Payment Methods

You can create one product with rate plans for each location to get that.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Savvy Scholar

Were you able to solve this? I am a similar use case I am trying to solve for.

Zuora Support

Hi @senorstanley @jgunther 

Could you please first help me understand how do you want to configure the product catalog/subscription in Zuora?

You can create one product with rate plans for each location -> create one subscription for all location i.e attach rate plan accordingly.

However, in this case you will have only one invoice generated for all charges and you would not be able to bill/collect based on rateplan(location).

- You can create one product with rate plans for each location ->  create one subscription for each location i.e attach rate plan accordingly and mark Invoice Separately flag for each subscription true. 

This way you will be able to invoice each location separately. However, the payment methods are attached on account level and each account can have only 1 default payment method. Hence, you cannot take inidvidual payments for each subscription automatically via scheduled payment run as scheduled payment runs processes payment via default payment method.

You can create one product with rate plans for each location ->  create an account and subscription for each location and capture payment method accordingly. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √