Happy Business Starts Here

On-demand sync is not allowed to execute, because migration for external_id is not done, you can exe

Support SME
Support SME

On-demand sync is not allowed to execute, because migration for external_id is not done, you can exe

Question or Problem Statement:
I'm getting this message in Zuora Commerce when I try to run on demand sync from SFDC.

"Error:
There has been an unknown internal error happened. ("On-demand sync is not allowed to execute, because migration for external_id is not done, you can execute on-demand request only after on-demand migration done.")
StackTrace:
com.zuora.base.ZuoraException: "On-demand sync is not allowed to execute, because migration for external_id is not done, you can execute on-demand request only after on-demand migration done." at com.zuora.sync.sfdc.SfdcSync.validateOnDemandSyncRequest(SfdcSync.java:564)"

What does this mean? The integration user logged into Zuora from SFDC has System Admin access, which I think should be enough permissions.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Support SME
Support SME

Re: On-demand sync is not allowed to execute, because migration for external_id is not done, you can

Solution:
1).Login to Salesforce as an admin user, and verify that the Salesforce user used for Zuora for Salesforce sync has the Customize Application user permission. If the user does not have the permission, you must grant the permission to the user. This user permission is necessary only for the package data migration. After the migration is completed, you can revoke this permission from the user.

2).Login to Zuora and start an Account & Related Object sync.

3).Once the sync session is completed (with either a success or failure result), the package data migration is complete. You can now use the On-demand Sync feature.

If you're still running into difficulties, please grant us access to your salesforce, with your organisation ID.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (1)