Happy Business Starts Here

Re: On Quote : What is the difference between "Term Start Date" and "Subscription Ter

mmarchese
Valued Scholar

On Quote : What is the difference between "Term Start Date" and "Subscription Term Start Date"?

The Quote object doesn't have any direct relationship to the Subscription object, but I noticed that there are two fields on the Quote object. One of them is "Subscription Term Start Date" and the other one is "Term Start Date".

Is one of them (Subscription Term Start Date) supposed to represent the Start Date of the CURRENT Subscription Term (before amendments) from the Subscription Object, and the other one (Term Start Date) is supposed to represent a potential NEW Term Start Date from the current amendment?

@MaggieL @doyeli @Muthukumaran @Raghav @Zuora-Community 

4 REPLIES 4
mmarchese
Valued Scholar

Re: On Quote : What is the difference between "Term Start Date" and "Subscription Ter

2 business days, still waiting for a reply...

Rajkumar
Zuora Support

Hi Morgan,

I see that you have created a Support ticket 206115, regarding the same query and it has been addressed by Kevin Wan. Though below is the update again, 

Subscription Term Start Date, Subscription Term End Date refer to the original date while the Term Start Date is when the new term starts.

Reference:
https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-CPQ/Subscription-term-start-date-field-on-Renewal-Quote-cannot-...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

HFP
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, to clarify my understanding, this field "Term Start Date" should be blank on New Quote because we already have the Start Date to specify when the subscription should start, right? Am I right to say that on Amendment/Renewal Quotes, if users want the subscription to start on a date different from that on the New Quote, they should fill in Term Start Date field?

Rajkumar
Zuora Support

Hello @HFP 

Yes you are right, only when if you need to change the Start date of the Amendment/Renewal quotes, you would need to change the Term Start date on Quote. However, the field which is available for you to update the date is "Subscription Term Start Date". "Term Start Date" will not be available when the Subscription Type is not New.

Thanks,

Raj

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √