Happy Business Starts Here

Nullpointer exception when updating dates on zQuote amendment before sending it to Zuora

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Nullpointer exception when updating dates on zQuote amendment before sending it to Zuora

In a specific scenario, customer is updating start date on Quote for amendment before sending it to Zuora(programmatically with Apex Code) and getting the following error message:

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0f4E000003omi8QAA; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, zqu.QuoteTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Class.zqu.ZQQuoteTriggerMgr.doAmendmentTriggerAfter: line 587, column 1 Class.zqu.ZQQuoteTriggerMgr.doQuoteTrigger: line 352, column 1 Trigger.zqu.QuoteTrigger: line 78, column 1: []

Please check below for the reason and solution for this specific scenario.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY
Zuora Support

Re: Nullpointer exception when updating dates on zQuote amendment before sending it to Zuora

For further investigation I created Quote both via UI and programatically in the affected SF ORG and below is the observation for same:

Quote via UI: In the QRPC record, MRR was populated with a value 0,00

Quote via apex code: In the QRPC record, MRR was blank

When I populated the value for MRR after that I can change the start date on the quote created programatically without the null pointer exception. User updated the apex code to have this field populated for every charges and then no issues observed when updating the quote.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √