Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Multiple subscriptions created in Zuora from Salesforce in an Amendment quote

Question or Problem Statement:
We have found that multiple subscriptions were created from an amendment quote pushed from Salesforce to Zuora.

Why would this be happening if it is an 'Amend' subscription? For an Amend, it should be updating the CURRENT subscription only. Are there exceptions to this rule that we need to know about?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Multiple subscriptions created in Zuora from Salesforce in an Amendment quote

Solution:
There might be an internet connection drop at that second, then it caused the behavior. Solutions below to prevent this:

1. Zuora Config > Quote Configuration Settings > Quote Read-Only after Sent to Z-Billing can be enabled. With this enabled, the Quote Record type is updated to "Read Only", which removes the send to Z-Billing button from the layout.
  2. Setting the "Subscription Name" setting to Opportunity or Quote name (Zuora Config > Default Values > Subscription Name) would prevent any duplicates from getting through, even if the user resubmits the quote multiple times, because the name will be prevented from being sent due to name collision logic.

Supporting References:
N/A.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √