Happy Business Starts Here

Multiple Invoice Owner Billing Accounts for same Company

JuliaK
Scholar

Multiple Invoice Owner Billing Accounts for same Company

We sell our solution through channel partners and channel partners are invoice owners on customer quotes. Our channel partners can also be our customers and have our solution installed at several of their office locations, so we have multiple billing accounts in Zuora for one partner company. This is causing frustration with my sales users when they go to select the invoice owner. The invoice owner lookup field is a lookup to all billing accounts in Zuora and you only see the name and currency of the billing account record. Has anyone else experienced this? If yes, have you been able to put a solution in place to make it easier on the user to select the appropriate billing account?

3 REPLIES 3
ehavens
Guru

Re: Multiple Invoice Owner Billing Accounts for same Company

I asked our accounting team what they do and they search by Account Number to locate the exact account for the transfer. Is the Account Number something that your users would know?

ehavens
Guru

@JuliaK I didn't realize this was under CPQ.  You're asking about the fields zqu__InvoiceOwnerName__c and or zqu__InvoiceOwnerId__c on the Quote object in salesforce?

I don't have any experience with this.  We don't use those fields in our quoting workflows.  Again sorry.

MaggieL
Guru

Using OOTB Salesforce you can include additional fields in the search layout when looking up the Billing Account.

For example in our Case creation, we have a lookup button for the Billing Account - It will only show the Billing Accounts on the Salesforce Account and will show the additional fields we have configured.

You could add a lookup to the quote layout that does the same.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 131121.jpg

Maggie Longshore