Happy Business Starts Here

Is it possible to remove Email requirement from Bill To/Ship To?

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Is it possible to remove Email requirement from Bill To/Ship To?

I was wondering if there was any way for me to remove the requirement for an email address on the contact records for the Bill To/Ship To Contacts on Zuora quotes in Salesforce. We have a problem where sometimes the customer wants to Bill To and Ship To different addresses, but they are only one person. The only way to solve this problem seems to be to add the person multiple times as a contact to Salesforce, thereby duplicating them, and since Zuora requires an email on file for Bill To/Ship To contacts, it requires that we either duplicate their email address on multiple contacts (not good), or that we make up a fake email address on the second contact (even worse).

I'd like to avoid having to create 2 contacts in the first place - is it possible for Bill To and Ship To addresses to be different while still using one single contact by using custom fields, or is it possible to remove the email requirement?

@doyeli

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Is it possible to remove Email requirement from Bill To/Ship To?

Hi @mmarchese , in your SFDC org, under Zuora Config "Default Value Settings", if you have  "Invoice Delivery Preference" set to None, you can create a Quote with BillToContact, SoldToContact that do not have email addressed specified.

Else,  if you have Invoice Delivery Preference set to email or Both, you will get error  "Bill To's work Email address or personal Email address is required for invoice delivery.;" if the contact record does not have email address

Can you please test this on your sandbox org and let me know how it goes

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √