Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Master

Is it possible to do cross-object formulas for Zuora objects?

I'm trying to set up the following validation formula in Quote (Managed), but I keep getting errors:

(zqu__DiscountPercentage__c >= 0.75)

(QuoteRatePlanCharge.zqu__DiscountPercentage__c >= 0.75)

Is it possible to do cross-object formulas for Zuora objects?

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support

Re: Is it possible to do cross-object formulas for Zuora objects?

Hi @sfguy92,

Thanks for posting your query on the Zuora community!

Can you please provide us more details about the issue you are facing as below?
1. Are you creating a formula field on the Quote object and then trying to enter the formula (QuoteRatePlanCharge.zqu__DiscountPercentage__c >= 0.75) or (zqu__DiscountPercentage__c >= 0.75)?

2. What error you are getting when using these formulas? A snapshot of the entire page with the error would be really helpful. 

3. We would also need to understand the use case to help you better with this issue. 

Thanks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

I'm working on a workflow that will change based on a certain criteria.  I'm just getting the standard X field doesn't exist error, since the object is in Quote Rate Plan Charge instead of Quote (Managed).

Capture.JPG

I tried both versions of the formula.  I'm just trying to get the cross-object reference to work.

Zuora Support

Thanks @sfguy92!
Can you please send me a private message and provide your Salesforce Org ID and grant Zuora Support login access too?

I am going to get more details from you there and then update this thread later once we have a solution to the problem you are facing.   

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

It may be possible to use a cross-object formula. Worst case in a "clicks over code" world, if the cross-object relationship is not available, you could add the field in question (e.g., QuoteRatePlanCharge.Discount_Percentage) to the other object via a formula (e.g., Quote.QuoteRatePlanCharge_Discount_Pct), and then reference it directly.