Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Is it possible to add a custom field to new quote flow in the "Add Base Products" part

Master

Is it possible to add a custom field to new quote flow in the "Add Base Products" part of the quote?

Is it possible to add a custom field to new quote flow in the "Add Base Products" part of the quote? I know you can add fields once you get to the next step (when you can apply discounts, quantity, etc), but is it possible to do it here?

Untitled.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Zuora Support

Re: Is it possible to add a custom field to new quote flow in the "Add Base Products" part

Hi @sfguy92,
Thanks for posting on the Zuora community!
Can you please provide us with your use case so that we can help you better with this issue?

If you look into the below article, and see the 'List Column Configuration' section, it guides you to customize which field columns you can display in the 'Product Rate Plan' list in the Guided Selling Step.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/...

I have tested this at my end and I was able to show one of the custom fields as below. Please see the field 'EMEA_ONLY'.

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 2.54.07 PM.png

Please let me know if that solves your purpose?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

List Column Configuration does not have a place to add additional fields I want. Where can I actually add those fields?
Zuora Support

Hi @sfguy92,
As mentioned in the article I provided, "If you want to use your custom column list, create a field set on the Product Rate Plan or ZFeature object and add the fields you want to display in the Guided Selling Step. Alternatively, you can use a fields set provided out of the box."

I just utilized the OOTB field set as below-

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 10.17.15 AM.png

Once you create a custom field and add it to the field set, it should appear as shown in the earlier snapshot I provided. 

Hope this helps!

Master

I'm looking to display a field associated with the product, not the rate plan. I need to go one level higher.
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Sorry about the delay @sfguy92!
I will check if thats possible and get back to you. 

Zuora Support

Hi @sfguy92,
Please find below steps to add the custom field to the Product level and then show it on the Guided Selector flow Smiley Happy

1. Add the custom field to Product2 object.

2. Then go to the field sets on this object as shown below.
Product2FromLeftBar.png 

3. Click edit on "Guided Selling Product Columns'.

ProductFieldSet.png

4. Add the custom field to this field set as below. 

UpdatedFieldSet.png

5. After performing the above steps, the field is going to be added to the Guided Product Selector flow as shown. 
GuidedProductSelectorPage.png

Hope this helps!
Please let me know if you have any questions for me.