Happy Business Starts Here

Invoice Template not populated even though Invoice Template Settings configured correctly

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Invoice Template not populated even though Invoice Template Settings configured correctly

Issue: The invoice template is not populated when trying to create a new quote. The invoice template is populated in the Invoice Template Settings within Zuora Config but will not appear when searching for the invoice template in the quote.

Solution

• Below is the query running in the backend to fetch the Invoice Templates.
Select name,zqu__zuoraid__c from zqu__InvoiceTemplate__c  WHERE  BillingEntity__c='a4F17000000mqtDEAQ' LIMIT 10000
  • As you can see in the query it's searching for the invoices templates associated with the Billing Entity. Since multi-entity is enabled in this org the Billing Entity needs to be mapped with the Invoice Template
  • When verified the Billing Entity field is not populated for the invoice templates in fact this field is not available on the edit screen to update.
  • We have added this field to the Invoice Template Layout and populated the billing Entity value part of the Invoice Template settings and the Invoice template is getting populated fine.

Steps to edit the Invoice Template settings page layout. 

Setup-> Objects-> Invoice Template -> Invoice Template Layout -> Edit -> Add Billing Entity -> Save. 

Please review the below knowledge Article for more details

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CPQ/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/E_Invoic...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √