Happy Business Starts Here

Invoice PDF button forcing download

Guru

Re: Invoice PDF button forcing download

@MaggieL doesnt looks like it. The behavior is the same with that critical setting enabled or disabled. Are your Invoice PDF buttons working properly in your environment?

Guru

Yes I believe so.  I just tried one in sandbox and it was fine.  We haven't had any conplaints from users.

Maggie Longshore
Guru

@MaggieL any chance you can check in production. Our sandbox environments both work fine which now leads me to think its either a prod specific bug or config difference. I know the credentials are confirmed as good so I am now wondering what else it could be...

Doing more digging...

Guru

Ours works.  But now I see we may have it configured differently.  Our button generates the pdf and attaches it to the Opportunity so we may be discussing different things.

Maggie Longshore
Guru

So I am talking about on the Zuora 360 Invoice object a button to either view or download the PDF of the Invoice

(Not to be confused with the Generate PDF button on Zuora Quotes that makes the PDF of the quote and attaches it to the opportunity)

Guru

Ok. I was looking at the quote button. For the Invoice button, I tried this in sandbox and I was forced to download using chrome. In firefox I was given a choice to view or download and I could turn on a default to always view.  I was allowed to view it in firefox.

I went to chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and the download pdf is not turned on. 

Maggie Longshore
Guru

@MaggieL ok cool, and one follow up question: Which button was it on the invoice (there are two (View Invoice PDF and Invoice PDF) the first is supposed to view inline in browser and the second is supposed to force download.

Also can you verify that you are not logged into the Zuora UI when you click on the button (if you are logged in to Zuora UI you may not see the issue mentioned)

Guru

We do not have the option of the View Invoice PDF button in production, just the Invoice pdf. We are still on v7.5

In sandbox I added the View Invoice PDF to the layout  (v9.2) and got Page viewInvoicePdf does not exist 

Maggie Longshore
Support SME

Thank you All for testing these out.

Based on my testing, I am NOT seeting the error "Page viewInvoicePdf does not exist" on another org that has an earlier version of Z360 (4.8) installed.

I shared BOTH the orgs (with Z360 4.14 that has the problem  and Z360 4.8 that does not have the problem ) to salesforce.

Their R&D team is reviewing this with High priority,

I have already checked with our engineering  and there is no change made along "View Invoice PDf" between these versions of Z360

Hi @Maggie Invoice PDf is part of Zuora 360 package .

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

Thanks. yes our sandbox has Z360 4.14. and does have this error

Maggie Longshore