Happy Business Starts Here

Student

Re: Invoice PDF button forcing download

Hi @megmoo75. We are currently trying to setup our SF and Zuora sync but are running into some problems when attempting to view invoices. Our users are prompted to login to Zuora but we don't have then setup as Zuora users. Do you have them set as Zuora users? 

Guru

@mayrue We allow our Sales reps to view copies of invoices via Salesforce and none of them have accounts into Zuora directly. The invoices are accessed via the Salesforce integration. Perhaps there is a difference in how you setup 360's authentication?

Student

@feisley Thanks! That is what I thought as well but I can't seem to find any documentation on it. 

Zuora Alumni

Quick update we are trying to get this in for January, it should be 360 v 4.1 or 4.2

Savvy Scholar

Hi Nathan and team,

We are currently on version 4.10 and are experiencing this issue. If users are not authenticated to Zuora, clicking the link simply prompts them to login. Our reps use to be able to simply click the Invoice link and get the PDF.

I am wondering if this was resolved in 4.11? If so, will we have to perform the following upgrade step:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360/I_Upgrade_Zuora_360#Update_the_Invoice_Pag...

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

Support SME

Hi @bankuda, This can happen if the user connection that you are using in your Zuora 360 connection setting on Salesforce has its password expired.

When the Zuora login page is posted , please review the URL and you should see that it says expired password.

Please try to reset the password of this connection user.

The strong recommendation would be for you to use and API only user in zuora 360 connection setting.

Please create a user on Zuora with API ONLY platform role and make sure to NOT grant this role access to UI.

That way we ensure the passwoed never expires.

Please review the following article in our  knowledge center

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/kb/How_do_I_prevent_my_API_user_login_from_expiring%3F

Please let me know how it goes

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Savvy Scholar

Hi @doyeli

I actually did just this before commenting on this thread and am seeing the same behavior.

What I need is confirmation of the aforementioned fix in version 4.11 or 4.12 by @nathanc. Smiley Happy

Also, the behavior seems to be inconsistent with it happening in some instances and not in another

Thank you!

Brandon

Guru

@doyeli This appears as it may be an issue caused with the interaction between Zuora 360 and the Spring 18 release of Salesforce, because I see some errors regarding references to visualforce pages not being found etc that were all perfectly functional prior to Spring 18.

I also can confirm the login screen showing for the download pdf and our API user is setup correctly and working as expected otherwise.

Support SME

HI @feisley,

1) >>This appears as it may be an issue caused with the interaction between Zuora 360 and the Spring 18 release of Salesforce, because I see some errors regarding references to visualforce pages not being found etc that were all perfectly functional prior to Spring 18.

Yes, I already have a case with Salesforce support  regarding the error "Page viewInvoicePdf does not exist" that is thrown when you click on "View Invoice PDF" Button. For this specific Button, the Content Source is Url:

/apex/viewInvoicePdf?id={!Zuora__ZInvoice__c.Id}&viewInline=true

If you now notice, somehow the namespace "zuora" is getting dropped and "c" is getting added

https://c.na35.visual.force.com/apex/viewInvoicePdf?id=a0J4100000CSaPe&viewInline=true

2) But, if you click on "Invoice PDF" Button whose Content source is  Visualforce page, that should open the PDF or give you Option to download, .

It will post Zuora login page if the 360 connection user password gets expired and you can validate that by looking at the url of the Zuora login page that gets posted

Screenshot_Popup_Link.png

Can you please test with Both these Buttons and let me know what you find out

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

Is this related to the change coming with instance names coming up on the 16th.  If it is enabled earlier in your org the url may need changing.

I am unsure - we have not turned it on yet.

Maggie Longshore