Happy Business Starts Here

Impact of Salesforce Winter '21 Release

micdelara
Partner

Hello.

Is anyone aware if SFDC Winter '21 has any issues on the Quotes package and or 360 package?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Jyoti_Sinha
Support SME

Re: Impact of Salesforce Winter '21 Release

Hi @micdelara With the Winter ’21 Salesforce release, Salesforce will enforce the new security policies around guest users.
Customers utilizing the Zuora Customer Payment Method Capture unmanaged package will need to make updates due to those changes.

(you can goto Setup -> Installed packages and check if you are using this package)

Below is the community article with more information on the same on the steps to resolve the issue and changes needed:

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-CPQ/Authorization-Required-Error-when-loading-Zuora-Payment-Met...

Other than this if you any custom process that involves guest user, you need to review/test the implementation in your SF ORG related to the guest user to verify the impact.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Raghav
Zuora Support

In addition to the issue with the payment capture package, If customers are using Zuroa Global Methods with Guest users then you will receive exceptions. 

Example use case: Most of the customers use sendToZBilling method as part of their payment capture flow to send the Quotes to zuora.

Example Methods: zqu.zQuoteUtil.sendToZBilling or zqu.zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroup 

Solution: Please add the Guest user to the Zuora Quotes End User permission set. 

Tags (3)
micdelara
Partner

Hello Raghav.

Thank you for your update.

This is noted.

Regards,

Mic

Ronalddags
Tutor

Hi Jyoti_Sinha

Are you aware if SFDC Spring '21 has any issues on the Quotes package and or 360 package?

Thanks.

Ronalddags
Tutor

Hi @Raghav @Jyoti_Sinha 

Impact of Salesforce Spring '21 Release

Are you aware if SFDC Spring '21 has any issues on the Quotes package and or 360 package?

Thanks.

Raghav
Zuora Support

Hi @Ronalddags ,

There is no impact on the OTTB Quotes/ 360 functionality. 

But in Salesforce's Spring '21 release, additional restrictions were imposed on Guest User profiles, which will prevent the use of the Edit and View All access, to ensure that guest profiles are set up to be secure by default. Because the Quotes application requires a certain level of Edit access for system operations, permission access will need to be re-evaluated in accordance with profile restrictions.

To unblock programmatic use of quoting features blocked by Zuora-managed enforcement of access restrictions, the following changes have been made as of Quotes 9.33. Please refer to release notes for more information on the same. 
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Zuora_Release_Notes/Zuora_CPQ_Release_Notes/Zuora_Quotes_Version_9...

Please review if you have set up any custom process with the guest user to evaluate changes needed in your org.