Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: X not found for field zqu_ZuoraId_c in entity zqu_ZProduct_c

When performing a Product Catalog Sync, Product Rate Plan and Product Rate Plan charge records finished with below error

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: X not found for field zqu_ZuoraId_c in entity zqu_ZProduct_c

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: X not found for field zqu_ZuoraId_c in entity zqu_ZProduc

On further checking, It has been identified that the ZProduct records which finished with error are deleted from Zuora UI and does not exist in Salesforce as well

• In this scenario the error is expected as the logic behind the sync of the Product Catalog is that it will sync ALL Products from Zuora to SFDC regardless if these products are still existing in Zuora's web interface or if they are "soft deleted" (deleted products in Zuora).

• The reason behind this design is that this would ensure that existing quotes on the SFDC org would not be broken and would still reflect the correct products and product rate plan charges. And at present, there is no existing process to stop these soft deleted products from being synced over.

• If soft deleted ZProducts are also deleted in your Salesforce org, they will be synced back to the same Salesforce org whenever a Product Catalog sync is performed in Z-Billing.

Currently, there's no way to fully delete these "soft deleted" products. Users can try to execute a custom script that would delete all these "soft deleted" Zproducts in your SFDC org (make sure that you would also delete these other objects --- ZProductRatePlans, ZProductRatePlanCharge, ZProductRatePlanChargeTiers). However, the downside of this approach is that when you perform a Product Catalog sync, all the soft deleted products will be synced back.

We now have a new T9 feature available, Stop Sync Deleted Product which prohibits the sync to attempt the sync of these deleted products from zuora to SF

Once this feature is enabled, error can be resolved

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √