Happy Business Starts Here

How to restore a deleted subscription or billing account in Salesforce

Highlighted
Scholar

How to restore a deleted subscription or billing account in Salesforce

Hi all...wondering how to restore or re-sync a subscription/billling account that has been deleted in Salesforce.  I tried searching the recycle bin for the deleted items...but ran into issues there as well - https://goo.gl/Uv9zuC - so can't restore via SFDC.  Is there a way to "clean up" a single account?  Would deleting the CRM ID, then re-adding it do the trick?  Any guidance is appreciated....

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Re: How to restore a deleted subscription or billing account in Salesforce

One thing you may want to try is to reach out to Salesforce support. If the account was soft deleted, support would be able to locate the account and flip the value in the delete flag/field to mark it as undeleted to restore the account.

Highlighted
Guru

@sgtremblay Zuora sync will resync an object if it has changed on the Zuora side. If you deleted the Billing Account record in Salesforce, then you could open and click save on that billing account in the Zuora UI. This would update the last modified timestamp and cause the sync to run. Once you have restored the account you could similarly re-save a change to the subscription to force it to sync.

Finally you can always open a case with Zuora support and they can force a full sync of certain objects to ensure that all billing accounts are setup.

As a best practice, you should remove the ability to delete / modify the standard Zuora 360 objects and fields. The only time you should allow these to be modified is if you have additional Salesforce only custom fields that you will manage internally.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Thank you @feisley.

Hi @sgtremblay , Another suggestion would be to try "On-Demand" Sync.

Add the Button "Sync Data From ZBillling" on salesforce Account Page

Then open the SFDC Account for which that deleted Billing Account was created.

From that SFDC account page, click on the "Sync Data From ZBillling" Button and all the Billing Accounts and its releated Objects for that SFDC Account should be synced back from Zuora.

scr.PNG

Please let us know if these help

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √