Happy Business Starts Here

How to get the charge added as part of an amendment quote billed only for the prorated period

Highlighted
Zuora Support

How to get the charge added as part of an amendment quote billed only for the prorated period

When an amendmnet quote is created to add the Product, the charge is being billed for the entire billing period of the recurring charge instead of only till the Subscription end date

For instance, Subscription has the duration June 1st 2018 -> May 31st 2019

When an annual charge is added on Jan 1st 2019, it is being charged from Jan 1st 2019- Dec 31st 2019

The requirement is the charge gets billed only for the period Jan 1st 2019 - May 31st 2019(Subscription End date)

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: How to get the charge added as part of an amendment quote billed only for the prorated period

• If the auto-renew is set to Yes on the original Subscription, annual charge will be billed for the entire 12 months (Jan 1 2019 - Dec 31 2019) without proration

• If the auto-renew is set to No on the subscription, then in this case it will be billed for the entire term when the setting Invoice Past End-of-Term when Auto-Renew is OFF? is set to Yes i.e (Jan 1 2019 - Dec 31 2019)

To resolve the issue and to make sure the charge gets billed only till Subscription End date, either auto renew needs to be set to No or  Navigate to Billing Settings -> Define Billing Rules -> Set Invoice Past End-of-Term when Auto-Renew is OFF? to No

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √