Happy Business Starts Here

How to display changes (Delta value) in Price / Quantity data in amendment quote template?

Zuora Staff

How to display changes (Delta value) in Price / Quantity data in amendment quote template?

In order to capture the changes in quantity and price of a subscribed product via amendment, the best practice is to add a table using the Charge Summary object which shows the increase or decrease in value. Following image is a sample from an amendment quote template.

1.png

In below example, the quantity of existing subscription is changed. Premium plan is increased from 100 to 250 and the basic plan is decreased from 100 to 80.

Based on the changes done on quantity, the Amendment details table shows the delta quantity (150 and -20) and delta price ($1200 and -$70) values.

3.png

Similarly, after changes, to display the latest updated quantity and price details of subscribed products, QuoteRatePlanCharges object can be used. Below is an example,

2.png

The Subscribed product details table shows updated quantity and total price which is the sum of both old and new values.  

Premium Plan

Quantity: 100 + 150 = 250

Price: $800 + $1200 = $2000

Basic Plan

Quantity: 100 – 20 = 80

Price: $350 – $70 = $280

4.png

3 REPLIES 3
Support SME

Re: How to display changes (Delta value) in Price / Quantity data in amendment quote template?

Thank you @imdanfrank for sharing this .

Will it be ok with you to also attach the example Quote template here?

Thanks

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

Re: How to display changes (Delta value) in Price / Quantity data in amendment quote template?

Hello @doyeli,

Sure! I have attached the amendment quote template here which was used for testing.

Support SME

Thank you SO MUCH !!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √