Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Community Manager

How do I resolve "INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID" error with Zuora 360 Sync?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: How do I resolve "INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID" error with Zuora 360 Sync?

Problem

When performing Zuora 360 Sync, user may see run into this error.

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: 2c92c0f9390ef066013926fabedd71ca not found for field Zuora__External_Id__c in entity XXXX

XXXX can be one of the following objects.

1. Zuora__PaymentTerm__c:--

2. Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c:--

3. Zuora__Product__c:--

This error usually happens after a Salesforce sandbox refresh.

One of the options to resolve it is to perform a Sync Cleanup.  However, many customers do not want to do so because there could be other applications that depend on Zuora data in Salesforce.  In addition, Sync Cleanup is not an option for tenants that have more than 1 million records for each sync object.

Solution

You can do the following steps to resolve the issue without having to perform a Sync Cleanup.

1. Zuora__PaymentTerm__c:--

• Go to Username > Billing > Payment Terms
    • Mouse over Edit option of each payment term.  On the bottom of your browser, you should see the link upon clicking on the option (e.g., editPaymentTermRowItem("1", "4028e4883657b82a01365f4f03752b97"))
    • Look for the payment term that has Edit option with the Id matching the one in the error message
    • Once locating the payment term, click on Edit option and click on save button without making any change

2. Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c:--

• Go to Username > Billing > Customize Units Of Measure
    • Mouse over Edit option of each UOM.  On the bottom of your browser, you should see the link upon clicking on the option (e.g., http://edituomrowitem%28"0","2c92a0f9497a5c3b01498b3904340f24"))
    • Look for the UOM that has Edit option with the Id matching the one in the error message
    • Once locating the UOM, click on Edit option and click on save button without making any change

3. Zuora__Product__c:--

These steps will refresh the record's Updated Date field. You can then run a Manual Sync.

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Master

Re: How do I resolve "INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID" error with Zuora 360 Sync?

Hello there!

I am having a similar problem with my Zuora 360 Sync but with a different object: Zuora__PaymentGateway__c. I tried to replicate these instructions to this object, but I am not being very successful. 

The ERROR I get is below and it's happening when syncing Customer Account records:

"INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: 2c92c0f9585841e6015867d9ce776976 not found for field Zuora__External_Id__c in entity Zuora__PaymentGateway__c"

Could you please provide some guidance?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
eclf

Zuora Alumni

have you recently upgraded or made any customizations?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Alumni

If not verify nobody has change the permissions require to upsert/read the custom object and fields in Salesforce

Student

Hi! We've actually done Sync CleanUp several times and we still get this error. We have a new user for Salesforce Sync and did CleanUp and Catalog sync, which always finish without errors. But since then, everytime Subscriptoin Charges are supposed to Sync, they fail with this error. The work around we got is accessing to Zuora Product Catalog, click on 'Edit' and 'Save' with no changes. After that, those Product Charges wont fail in future Subscription Syncs...

Zuora Alumni

Hello Micaelasole,

What you are describing is definitely not normal.  If you continue to have issues, please send me a private message and I will follow up with you to sort things out.

Savvy Scholar

Hello,

We were experiencing this same issue with Units of Measure.

The instructed method to resolve the issue did not work. We were able to address the issue by Deactivating and then Reactivating each Unit of Measure impacted.

Hope this helps anyone else impacted by this issue, and who are not able to perform a Sync Cleanup.

Thank you,

Brandon

Support SME

Thank you for sharing @bankuda