Happy Business Starts Here

How do I get the Tax amount only for the new users added as part of an amendment Quote ?

Highlighted
Zuora Support

How do I get the Tax amount only for the new users added as part of an amendment Quote ?

In a specific scenario, for instance Subscription term start date is 5/5/2018 and end date 5/5/2020

Amendment quote has been created on the existing Subscription to add 20 users changing the Quantiy from 170 to 190 with a start date of 1/25/2019

When Quote metrics are calculated, the tax amount is not refelcting only for the new 20 users added as part of amendment and is showing a huge value

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: How do I get the Tax amount only for the new users added as part of an amendment Quote ?

On reviewing, it has been noticed that the 170 users have already been billed till 05/04/2019 through previous Invoice

On the amendmnet Quote, calculate Quote metrics through field is set to 'End of Term'. So, the 

quote metrics are showing the invoice and tax amounts all the way up to 05/05/2020. As a result, the quote's Sub-Total and Tax include these two billing periods.

1. 01/24/2019 to 05/04/2019 - invoice and tax amounts for roughly 20 users.
  2. 05/05/2019 to 05/04/2020 - invoice and tax amounts for 190 users.

In order to get the  invoice and tax amounts for the 20 additional users only and exclude  invoice and tax amounts for 190 users , quote's Invoice Target Date field needs to be set to 01/24/2019 

Issue is resolved once the Target date has been changed and the Quote metrics are recomputed

If Quote Metrics does not get recalculated , set Is charge expired field on the Quote to true
This should trigger Quote Metrics recalculation

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √