Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Help Text not appearing in the Lightning instance of SalesForce

Problem:

We are running into an issue where we cannot seem to get the help text to appear next to any fields in the quote guided selling process.

For example, when I go to the "Term Start Date" quote custom field settings, and I add text into the "Help Text" field, an info bubble/help text does not appear when I test out the workflow.

This works in Classic view of Salesforce but unfortunately the help texts do not work in the Lightning instance of SalesForce

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Help Text not appearing in in the Lightning instance of SalesForce

Solution:

Based on  testing inhouse and validating further with salesforce support, this turned out to be a limitation with salesforce that the helptext does not work when the field is  used in a field set.

This is how the issue was tested and confirmed to be salesforce limitaion

-  Helptext does appear when the field is not used in a field set, as testes and seen below

helptext.PNG

This is how it was tested inhouse

1) created a custom fieldset 'properNames' in Contact Object
2) Added two standard fields 'Lead Source' and 'Description' from Contact Object to this custom fieldset
3) Added a helptext to these two fields.
4) created a VF page 'testdray1' with the following code to display the fields from the custom fieldset 'properNames'

<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" title="Automatic">
<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Contact.FieldSets.properNames}" var="member">
<apex:outputField value="{!Contact[member]}"/>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" title="Explicit">
<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Contact.FieldSets.properNames}" var="member">
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem helpText="{!$ObjectType.Contact.fields[member].inlineHelpText}">
<apex:outputLabel value="{!member.label}"/>
<apex:outputText value="{!Contact[member]}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

5) Added a custom Button on Contact Detail page to launch VF page testdray1.
6) In classic mode the helptext gets displayed for the fields
7) In Lightening enabled mode the helptext does not display

Following  are the screenshots from both classic and Lightening mode

scr1.PNG

scr2.PNG

When the above test steps and result were presented to salesforce, their R&D confirmed this to be a limitation on salesforce end

R&D team has confirmed that this feature is not yet supported (meaning it's Working As Designed for the current platform) 

I would suggest to raise this as an IDEA for next releases on the Idea Exchange in the Success Community to get it voted upon by the community, for R&D consideration. 

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaSearch

As previously noted when this feature was introduced in Winter '16 - "the Field-level help is not widely available..." 

The functionality was made available in Winter '17 for Hover Help Text at field level in LEX - not in Field Set usage context so this is currently a Limitation that is not yet supported

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √