Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Getting Error “Package Visibility: Method is not visible: Zuora.zUtil.getZuoraDateOnly(Date)

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Getting Error “Package Visibility: Method is not visible: Zuora.zUtil.getZuoraDateOnly(Date)

Recently we have upgraded Zuora packages into Salesforce Org. As I have been looking into existing test class failures, to fix one of the tests I would to use getZuoraDateOnly() method. However, I am getting “Package Visibility: Method is not visible: Zuora.zUtil.getZuoraDateOnly(Date)” error, even though I can see the method in the class and package was given full access when I have installed. and, I have also checked that all profile has access to zUtil class.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zuora Alumni

Re: Getting Error “Package Visibility: Method is not visible: Zuora.zUtil.getZuoraDateOnly(Date)

Solution:  

The error was thrown while trying to execute the method from project using Eclipse IDE.

To narrow down the issue, following steps were taken:

1. Ran the same method directly from Developer Console--execute Anonymous Window and it was SUCCESSFUL
  2. The same error was thrown while trying to execute the method by editing the class directly  in salesforce. This validated the fact that the issue had nothing to do with using Eclipse IDE
  3. Reviewed the custom class which was using the method. Noticed that  the version settings on the controller were calling an older                 version of the package which did not include the utility class. 

Capture.PNG

When the version setting was changed to use version 3.1, the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Solution:  

The error was thrown while trying to execute the method from project using Eclipse IDE.

To narrow down the issue, following steps were taken:

1. Ran the same method directly from Developer Console--execute Anonymous Window and it was SUCCESSFUL
  2. The same error was thrown while trying to execute the method by editing the class directly  in salesforce. This validated the fact that the issue had nothing to do with using Eclipse IDE
  3. Reviewed the custom class which was using the method. Noticed that  the version settings on the controller were calling an older                 version of the package which did not include the utility class. 

Capture.PNG

When the version setting was changed to use version 3.1, the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post