Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Filters and Calculated values do not get associated with the Rules upon Import

Problem :

While performing an import from another SFDC Org, The Filters and calculated values do not seem to get associated.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Re: Filters and Calculated values do not get associated with the Rules upon Import

Solution :

Rule 1 is associated with Filter 1 and Calculated Value 1. All the records are uploaded into Salesforce without any error and does show under individual objects, The association between the Rule and Filters/Calculated Values is not made.

Rule ( In the Original ORG)

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 11.01.36 PM.png

Rule in Destination Org 

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 11.01.25 PM.png

Rule object has a field "zqu_Json_c" which consists of the Id's of the Related objects i.e Filters and Calculated Values.

The issue is related to handling 15 digit id and 18 digit ids of Calculated Values and Filter Conditions when used in rules.

During the import process all the dependent record ids are replaced correctly, but are being converted to 18 digit instead of 15 digit. At the moment the application not able to link correct dependent Calculated Values for these cases. We are working towards enhancing the application to handle this issue in the future.

Workaround : 

As a a work around,if you see  the calculated value would be mapped correctly in the rule json
eg. "calculatedValueId":"a0146000002xm6gAAA", but it has those extra last 3 chars ( this example is from my ORG ). That might be the cause of the issue. If we remove those last 3 chars the calculated values shows up. So for the time being you can use it as a workaround. 

Import the rules and calculated values / filters . Go to the rules which has the calculated values/ filters. Update the JSON to remove the last 3 chars. Example Change "calculatedValueId":"a0146000002xm6gAAA" to "calculatedValueId":"a0146000002xm6g"

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √