Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Expose the Price Increase Percentage in Subscription Rate Plan Charge

Hi,

I followed the steps oulined in this article to introduce the price increase percentage field on the chosen product overview page. My problem however is that it does not appear as an editable field in the layout and sales reps can't see the default value. You can however click in the yellow area under the price increase percentage column and a blank, white field will appear, where you may enter a number and that number sets the increase percentage for that charge when sending to Zuora. This means I can accomplish intended functionality but it is just not a good solution for new sales reps that do not know this small "trick"/workaround.

I have attached a screenshot for illustration.

percent increase.PNGArticle: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/S_Previous_Z-Force_Releases/W_2015_Zuora_for_Salesfor...

7 REPLIES 7
Support SME

Re: Expose the Price Increase Percentage in Subscription Rate Plan Charge

Hi @Dennis_Nilsson1 Sorry for missing this post and responding so late.

When you say

>>My problem however is that it does not appear as an editable field in the layout

Can you please elaborate what is your expectation to see this field as Editable? Because, the yellow area means that is editable, and user should click on that area and can enter values, as you already have found out.

If a field is actually not editable in this page, you will see it as white

Sorry if I am missing anything

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

@doyeli for a non-technical end-user (at least ours), the column which appears completely yellow without any outlines of any fields or any indication that there is a value behind the column, it does not seem editable. There is nothing about a yellow colored column that indicates there is a field/value/editable feature behind it.

I would suggest that the value of the field is actually presented there, as we have a global default value for all charges, but it is today not visible in the yellow column.

Support SME

Hi @Dennis_Nilsson1 regarding your specific comment

>>I would suggest that the value of the field is actually presented there, as we have a global default value for all charges, but it is today not visible in the yellow column.

I will check it on my end if the default value not being displayed in this page is as intended. I will post an update here

Thank you

Doyeli

Valued Scholar

@doyeli please do. It is a major pain to us that I need to explain to my salesreps that all our charges have a 5% increase upon renewal, even though the value is not presented in the column. This is something I receive questions about daily.

Support SME

Hi @Dennis_Nilsson1  Sorry that it took me a while to post an update here.

To answer your specific question posted here, Unfortuanately, this is behaving as expected based on current design.

I tested the following:

1) Created product catalog charge with Price Change on Subscription Renewal: Percentage Increase of 20%

2)  created a new subscription quote , added this charge and increased this percentage as 50% . When the Quote is sent to zuora, the subscription charge is correctly set to have 50% increase for Price Change on Subscription Renewal option

3)Now, I created a Renewal Quote, and as expected , I see the percentage increase was 50% for the above Original charge as was set while creating new subscription quote. This is because, in Discount percentage field you see -50% . This is what I wanted to happen during the renewal.

Also, as a side note,  it is not possible to update the PriceChangeOption/PriceIncreasePercentage as part of "update product" amendment and the following error is thrown :"You can only update price change options/percentage in new product amendment".

Users can update these values while adding New product.

Thank you

Valued Scholar

@doyeli that is great and all but it still does not resolve my use case, which only applies to creating new quotes. If our sales reps are unsure what our global price increase percentage settings are, they will have no way of seeing that the global value is 5% until after they have sent the quote to zuora and the subscription is synced back. Because as it has been pointed out, the value of the field is not populated upon creating a new quote, only after the quote is sent. The value of the price increase percentage field is blank to the sales reps when creating a new quote, even though there is a 5% price increase percentage value for the charges in the global product catalog.

Support SME

Hi @Dennis_Nilsson1  sorry for missing your note earlier. Unfortunately, this is how it works at this point based on current design.

Thank you