Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Error on Guided selector And products are not Displayed even though Filter conditions are met

Zuora Support

Error on Guided selector And products are not Displayed even though Filter conditions are met

In this scenario, Customer had a Guided flow called "Discount" which has a filter to display products which has IsDiscount filed set to true. But after verifying there were products with the field value set to true and on the Edit Products page we received a warning message. 

"value of filter criterion for field 'IsDiscount__c' must be of type string and should not be enclosed in quotes"

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Support

Re: Error on Guided selector And products are not Displayed even though Filter conditions are met

Solution

When We verified the Guided Filter we saw below warning message on the filter. 

FilterError.PNG

In this particular scenario, Customer modified the IsDiscount field type from Picklist to checkbox. So Filter is not able to access the field with the old field type. 

To resolve this issue, We removed the field from the above filter and re-added it with the same condition, Now the field will have the latest field type (Checkbox) and Guided selector is able to display the valid products successfully.

Note:  Changing the data type of an existing custom field can cause data loss and the existing Filters or validation rules will not work. 

Please refer below salesforce Article for reference:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=notes_on_changing_custom_field_types.htm&type=5

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted

I've also run into the issue that certain products / rate plans are not displayed in Zuora's Orders modle or in a guided selling flow in Salesforce.

Often it was that there was no price configured in the product catalog for the account's currency!