Happy Business Starts Here

Err:The Contract effective date should not be later than the term end date of the basic subscription

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Err:The Contract effective date should not be later than the term end date of the basic subscription

Problem – If you are receiving the error below when you create an Amend quote and start date on the quote seems to be before the term end date, please follow the solution provided in the reply.

'The Contract effective date should not be later than the term end date of the basic subscription.;' 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Err:The Contract effective date should not be later than the term end date of the basic subscrip

Solution – For this specific scenario we saw that the start date of the Quote date was 1/11/2019 as shown below. 

StartDate.png

and the Subscription on which this amendments is being made has a start date 10/31/2017 with the term 24 months and end date 10/31/2019.

SubscriptionEndDate.png

Now on this particular quote we saw that there has been an quote amendment where the initial term were changed from 24 months to 12 months. This makes the end date of the base subscription as 10/31/2018. 

i.e Contract effective date(start date of the quote) 1/11/2019 is later than the end date of the base subscription which is 10/31/2018. 

To resolve this issue, Please modify the start date accordingly before 10/31/18 or leave the initial term as such 24 months. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Err:The Contract effective date should not be later than the term end date of the basic subscrip

Solution – For this specific scenario we saw that the start date of the Quote date was 1/11/2019 as shown below. 

StartDate.png

and the Subscription on which this amendments is being made has a start date 10/31/2017 with the term 24 months and end date 10/31/2019.

SubscriptionEndDate.png

Now on this particular quote we saw that there has been an quote amendment where the initial term were changed from 24 months to 12 months. This makes the end date of the base subscription as 10/31/2018. 

i.e Contract effective date(start date of the quote) 1/11/2019 is later than the end date of the base subscription which is 10/31/2018. 

To resolve this issue, Please modify the start date accordingly before 10/31/18 or leave the initial term as such 24 months. 

View solution in original post