Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Duplicate Subscriptions are created when a Quote is sent to Zuora

When a quote is sent to Zuora, duplicate subscriptions are being created in Zuora. This issue is happening intermittently

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Duplicate Subscriptions are created when a Quote is sent to Zuora

In the past, we had few reports from customers that the Subscriptions are being duplicated in Zuora when quote is sent and this is happening internmittenty.

Further reviewing the managed package code, it has been identified that this issue is most likely not made by our retry logic

In order to prevent this issue happen, follwing change has been made in the Zuora Quotes version 7.43

An Quote configuration setting,  Enable Unique Subscription Quote Number has been added to prevent duplicate subscriptions created for the same quote number when a quote is sent to Zuora.

When the Enable Unique Subscription Quote Number setting is selected, the quote number is checked for uniqueness when a quote is sent to Zuora.

Zuora Quotes Q3 2016 Release Notes for reference -

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/S_Previous_Z-Force_Releases/V_2016_Zuora_for_Salesfor...

Support SME

Re: Duplicate Subscriptions are created when a Quote is sent to Zuora

Just to add more information, When the "Enable Unique Subscription Quote Number" setting is selected in Quote Configuration Settings, the quote number is checked for uniqueness when a quote is sent to Zuora.
Please review Zuora Quotes Q3 2016 Release Notes for the detail.

If you have your custom send to ZBilling process the workaround for you would be to implement this check on your own. This will require you to write a custom sendToZBilling call where you need to query Zuora and check whether the Quote Number exists before calling our sendToZBilling method.