Happy Business Starts Here

Displaying charge details on Salesforce Email Template

Highlighted
Guru

Displaying charge details on Salesforce Email Template

I need to add charge details for a quoteto an email template (used in approval process) in Salesforce.  Before I spend loads of time trial and error I was interested in what solutions others have done.

Has anyone created custom controllers for SF Email Templates or can this be done using OOTB SF visualforce with standard controllers?

Maggie Longshore
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Displaying charge details on Salesforce Email Template

I haven't done it personally, but have you looked at either of these Articles?

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=creating_custom_html_email_templates.htm&language=en&type...

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=creating_visualforce_email_templates.htm&type=0

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Guru

Yes I have read the salesforce documentation.  The issue that makes this difficult is that the charges are not a related list of the quote object in salesforce.  I know a custom controller can be a work around but thought there may be other creative solutions in the community.

Maggie Longshore
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Hi Maggie,

I know that this is quite an old post now, but did you managed to create a template for a Salesforce approval? 

If so, can you share any pointers, as I'm having exactly the same issue which you encountered when you posted this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Guru

The approach I took was creating a VisualForce email template for the Approval email. This template calls into Apex code which returns a list of charges and features that can be displayed in the email.

Maggie Longshore