Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Discount Sum Field

In the "Quote Metrics" section of the Zuora Quote record in Salesforce there is a field labelled "Discount" which purports to show "The sum of all discount charges applied across all billing period(s)." This field never populates for us ( see attached screen cap )Discount_Order Level.JPG

However at the line level for the same quotation you can clearly see a Discount was applied - can we fix this so the overall Discount % ( e.g. multiple line items rolls up to the sum field?

Discount_Line Level.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Discount Sum Field

Hi @Retreever . This is a somewhat deeper issue.  The Discount you see at the header level refers to Zuora's Discount charges.  It's what is returned from basically an Invoice Preview, summed to the Header level.

The % discount you see at line level is an artefact of the Quote experience.  Core Zuora has no knowledge of a % discount.  It only ever takes the final Effective Price that is needed to Bill, because that is all it needs to know.

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Thanks @nathanc , here's my real issue than - I want to build a quotation approval process in Salesforce - the primary trigger will be if the total Discount % is greater than a defined percentage then approval is required  e.g.

1. Total purchase - all lines equals $60k ,
  2. Discounted purchase - all lines equals $40k
  3. Total Discount % equals ~33%  - any discount % greater than 30% must go through an approval process.

I need a field in Salesforce that can capture the Discount % for the total quote - is there a way to do this?

Thanks, Retreever

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

You cant use a rollup summary field?

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

@nathancWhich field(s) would I roll up to det the Discount Percentage?

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

@nathancTRied using roll up summary fields but they don't populate with any data.