Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Guru

Re: DX with Zuora managed packages

@MaggieL awesome notes, looking forward to giving this a try myself.

On the subject of testing and scripting... @eric-neto it would be super helpful for test automation to be able to programatically inject the WSDL into the environment in test cases (since normally this is done via the UI, we would otherwise have to make all org data visible to tests which is a) bad practice and b) slower performance wise. Not to speak too much about internals i am unfamiliar with, but it seems like this would be a relatively simple change (and safe since it only impacts testability) and would be a huge win for those of us that make frequent customizations via Apex and have to wrestle with testing it.

Support SME

Thank you @maggie @feisley.

Hi @feisley was wondering if you could please post this comment in the IDEAS section as well, as that has the direct visibility of our PM

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

New Student

Did anybody ever get this to work? This thread died off a year ago but I didn't see any resolution.

Support SME

@feisley @MaggieL any input for @andrewtauber  from your end? Smiley Happy 

Thanks

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

No we have not had time to work on this - it would be great if someone from Zuora could try it because there are an awfully lot of database tables that will be required to be in the scratch org for testing in the scratch org. Everything from Zuora Config settings and plugins and guided selling...

It seemed overwhelming when I tried it.

I could be over thinking it.  Salesforce makes it look so easy in their DX demos.

Maggie Longshore
New Student

I'm pretty sure I can spin up a scratch org and even install the Zuora packages into it, but I'm not sure how useful it would be without a corresponding Zuora sandbox.  I suppose I could have a sandbox that we just use for scratch orgs, but only one could be connected to it at a time.  There'd also be no way to do it programattically for things like CI testing because the only way to set up credentials for the API connection in Salesforce and the sync settings in Zuora is using the UI.

I'd love to be able to have a CI pipeline that spins up a scratch org to do automated testing, but I don't see how to do it without being able to connect to Zuora. Salesforce makes it look so easy because they run scratch orgs in their demos with no external dependencies Smiley Happy

Guru

I have created a scratch org with Zuora Quotes installed. We would like to have all of our unit tests run in it. The unit tests do not require any callouts to Zuora but they do need to interact with the ZuoraQuotes code which requires things like the wsdl, etc.

Maggie Longshore