Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Cannot Remove Product from Amendment Quote in ZQuotes

In a specific scenario with orders enabled ORG remove product action was not completing successfully on the amendment quote record. Steps followed as below:

- Go to the amendment quote record
- Select "Edit Products"
- Remove a product
- Click "Submit" to go back to the Quote Details page.
Product was not removed and no Quote Amendment or Quote Charge Summary record were created.

Please check below the solution for same.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Cannot Remove Product from Amendment Quote in ZQuotes

On further investigation we found that the original new subscription quote that is being amended is an annual ramp frequency quote and previously ramped subscriptions should be set up with a ramp frequency on amendment quotes.

Since the amendment quote was not set up with a ramp frequency on amendment quotes, hence the issue encountered. Please find below description of the scenario and action to be takin with specific example.

This is how the New Subscription Quote was created:

a) Start date: 9/6/2019,

Initial term: 36 months,

Renewal Term: 12 months,

Ramp Frequency: Annual

b) In Year 2 and Year 3, rate plans were already updated to have the quantities increased and the contract effective dates of the amendments were 9/6/2020 for Year 2 and 9/6/2021 for Year 3.

Now, below steps needs to be followed when creating the amendment quote to remove product:

a) Create the Amendment Quote with Ramp frequency "Annual".

In edit product page, you will see the rate plans for Year 1, Year 2, Year 3.

b) You need to remove the rate plan from Year 2 and Year 3 (as needed) and also can perform Edit Amendment (by clicking the dropdown) and use a different date for remove product Amendment. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 15.54.09.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √