Happy Business Starts Here

Can we leave service activation date blank when send to Zuora?

Can we leave service activation date blank when send to Zuora?

My question is if we can set a value on start date and leave service activation date blank, can the quote then be sent to Zuora? I belive I read somewhere that service activation date in this case will be set to the same date as start date.

For information, we have set require customer acceptance of orders to no and require service activation of orders to yes.

Thankfull for an answer,

2 REPLIES
Zuora Support

Re: Can we leave service activation date blank when send to Zuora?

@Dennis_Nilsson1 The Start Date on Quote is mapped to Subscription.ContractEffectiveDate. If you have require service activation of orders set to yes in Zuora Settings and you do not provide this value on quote - when quote sent to Zuora it will create Subscription in : Pending Activation status where you would need to provide the service activation date to activate it.

I have done a quick test and provided the details based on same, let me know in case of any further queries.

The below KC article provides the standard Zuora Quotes fields that are sent to Zuora when a quote is sent to Zuora and mapping for same with Zuora objects.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/D_Working_with_Quotes/H_Sending_Quotes_...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Re: Can we leave service activation date blank when send to Zuora?

Perfect, thanks for the answer!