Happy Business Starts Here

Can QuoteRulesEnginePlugin know the previous state of charges?

Master

Can QuoteRulesEnginePlugin know the previous state of charges?

Hi - I'm looking into the QuoteRulesEnginePlugin to try and make quantities on all charges in a rate plan be the same - i.e. if someone changes one charge to quantity 5 I want the others to also change to 5.

I've got my code so that I can update all rows to the same - BUT i'm not sure if I can know which one changed - i.e. I have to pick the first and force them all to that.

I can probably go with that, but it would be nicer if I can compare the previous values to the current ones, see which changed and use that new value on all of them.

6 REPLIES 6
Zuora Alumni

Re: Can QuoteRulesEnginePlugin know the previous state of charges?

Take a look at the Javascript Plugin I believe that has the functionality you are looking for.

Master

Thanks. I had looked at that, but when using the JS plugin I seem to only be able to affect the value that comes in and not change the other ones. So there i can detect the change, but all I can do is really change it back to keep them all the same.

Support SME

Hi @Nigel  Starting from ZQuote 9.1.1 release, you should be able to access the originalChargeGroup field of a charge group passed into the QuoteRulesEnginePlugin. Can you please try to see if this  meets your use case

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

@doyeli Thanks for the pointer I did recall seeing that at one point then forgot about it.  However I just tried again and it seems originalChargeGroup is set to null every time - this was making a "new" quote. Even when making an edit to a field it still comes through as null on the next call.

Support SME

HI @Nigel Sorry, I think I did not understand the requirement right. originalChargeGroup  property returns the original subscription charges. So i believe it will return value during Amendment Quote flow. Does it return a value for Amendment Quote flow?

I have confirmation from another customer who could use it from QuoteRuleEngine plugin class  for amendment quote flow 

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

It might do - but I need it on a New workflow as well. I.e. someone makes a new quoteand the quantities are 1.  Then they change one to 4 - i need to know which one changed so I can make them all 4.  Then one is changed to 3 - again same issue.  Even on an amendment there may be mutiple changes so knowing the previous subscription value may not help.