Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Alumni

Can I add a custom Field to a Zuora Custom Object

Can I add a custom field to the Invoice object in Salesforce?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Alumni

Re: Can I add a custom Field to a Zuora Custom Object

This is not recommended if it is on an object that can be deleted from a sync operation.

If an object is deleted and reinserted as part of a sync operation, the Salesforce value would be deleted.

There are some objects that can sync custom values "to" Zuora when sent

• Quote Charge
  • Quote Rate Plan Charge
  • ZFeature
  • Account

The caveat with these objects, is they only sync under certain conditions (See this KB on which objects sync "to" Zuora and "when")

The easiest thing to do would be to put the custom value on another (non-Zuora custom object) and update it via a trigger or flow

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Guru

Wanted to add a bit more information to this. There are valid and recommended use cases for custom fields on 360 Sync objects in Salesforce. If you have a custom field in Zuora, you can make a matching one on the 360 object and values will be Sync'd over. For example: We have Purchase Order number field on the invoice in Zuora, and we also made one in Salesforce so when the data is sync'd over it will show the custom values as well.

Valued Scholar

Hi,

can I create a percentage type field?
Only text, picklist and date type appear to me when I am to create a custom field.

How can I accomplish that?

Thank you

Guru

@frinaldi Custom fields inside of core Zuora do not suppor types other than the ones you mentioned. You can add percentage custom fields within Salesforce but they do not support sync to or from Zuora. For example we have custom formula fields on the Salesforce objects that represent discounts and other custom metrics for our business.