Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Block certain Subscriptions from syncing back to Salesforce

Problem:

I would like to suppress certain Subscriptions from syncing back Salesforce when a Quote is sent to Zuora. The criteria for suppression could be a field on the Quote that gets passed to the Subscription upon creation in Zuora.

We have monthly subscriptions that fit nicely into the Zuora model. We also have watch sales which are one time purchases. In order to bill these in Zuora, we need to create a quote and subscription. Ideally these watch sale "subscriptions" would sync back to Salesforce.

Is there a way to bill these in Zuora but not create a subscription.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Support SME

Re: Block certain Subscriptions from syncing back to Salesforce

Solution:

Based on current design, there is no simple way to restrict certain Subscriptions from syncing over SFDC end based on a custom field value.
We have 'Configurable Sync' in our roadmap that is targeted for  2018 and this is something that can be achieved in configurable sync.

Please refer to the following article  where the similar requirement was requested for Product Catalog sync as well:

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce-Ideas/Ability-to-choose-what-to-sync-for-Product...

Following are some options that can be implemented :

- If it is ok to not sync the corresponding Zuora Accounts (that create Billing Accounts in SFDC ) , then remove the CRM ID association from those Zuora Accounts so that both accounts and its associated subscription does not sync .

-   Another solution would be to cancel those subscriptions as soon as they are billing so if they do sync to Salesforce, they would not show as active and show as a false positive on reports.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

Re: Block certain Subscriptions from syncing back to Salesforce

Another option here is to let Zuora sync the subscriptions but during Quoting pass the custom field to the backing Subscription. This field would then be sync'd over and allow you to filter on it in reports (i.e. exclude or include subscriptions that have that custom field set)