Happy Business Starts Here

Billing Period is overridden by Rule Engine

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Billing Period is overridden by Rule Engine

Problem:

When billing period (period) is updated on the QRPC via an amendment quote the same is not updated in the Subscription.

As per my understanding Billing period can be overridden only when creating a new subscription or new product amendment and billing period can't be updated via update product amendment.

But, looking at this quote# Q005xxx, the billing period on Product: Advanced shows Monthly i.e. updated from Subscription Term to Month (this is done via a rule Engine). Shouldn't this be restricted even via rule?

Corresponding subscription amendment: A-AM00014xxx

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Billing Period is overridden by Rule Engine

Solution:

For updating Billing Period during amendment,

We cannot update it for the ORIGINAL charges but We can update if you add a new charge during that amend flow and can update only that new charge. But through rule we can able to update even the ORIGINAL charges (that were added to the original subscription).

Rules Engine behaviour does not match with core Zuora behavior.

As a workaround we can add a filter to update this field excluding the ORIGINAL charge

We can search for the field “zqu__AmendmentType__c” in Quote Rate Plan Object and for original charges, the “zqu__AmendmentType__c” field value will be “OriginalProduct

In simple, add the additional conditions

QuoteRatePlanCharge>QuoteRatePlan>Amendment Type is not equal to OriginalProduct

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Billing Period is overridden by Rule Engine

Solution:

For updating Billing Period during amendment,

We cannot update it for the ORIGINAL charges but We can update if you add a new charge during that amend flow and can update only that new charge. But through rule we can able to update even the ORIGINAL charges (that were added to the original subscription).

Rules Engine behaviour does not match with core Zuora behavior.

As a workaround we can add a filter to update this field excluding the ORIGINAL charge

We can search for the field “zqu__AmendmentType__c” in Quote Rate Plan Object and for original charges, the “zqu__AmendmentType__c” field value will be “OriginalProduct

In simple, add the additional conditions

QuoteRatePlanCharge>QuoteRatePlan>Amendment Type is not equal to OriginalProduct

View solution in original post