Happy Business Starts Here

Bill To / Sold To contact information not populated during quote creation

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Bill To / Sold To contact information not populated during quote creation

Problem: 

During Quote creation The Bill to / Sold to contact are not getting populated. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 7.32.46 PM.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES
Zuora Alumni

Re: Bill To / Sold To contact information not populated during quote creation

You did not see the Bill to / sold To contacts populating when creating a new quote from an existing account.

After checking the bill to/ Sold to contact, I saw there was a discrepancy on the contact information with the contact in SFDC consisting of a "Phone" field value where as Zuora did not.

After correcting the contacts to match the fields, I was able to successfully create the quote with the values populated :

The reason is, Bill To/Sold To fields value are from SFDC Contact object. If SFDC Contact information does not match Zuora tenant Billing account Contact Information, then in the quote, Bill To/Sold To fields would not populate. Before we auto populate contact in Quote, we compare the contact information in the salesforce account and the one linked to billing account in Zuora side.

The problem that we found out was that the phone in SFDC's contact side had a value where as Zuora did not.

Basically before auto-population, we compare "First Name", "Last Name", "Email", "Phone", "MaillingStreet", "City" and "MailingPostalCode". If any of them are different, we don't do auto-population.

For similar issues, Could you please compare the SFDC standard Account contact information and the corresponding Zuora tenant Customer Account Contacts information? We need to ensure they are the same, the validation needs to be successful for the value to be populated.

Savvy Scholar

It's good to hear this rule ("Basically before auto-population, we compare "First Name", "Last Name", "Email", "Phone", "MaillingStreet", "City" and "MailingPostalCode". If any of them are different, we don't do auto-population."), as we had an issue even sending a quote to Zuora. For us, the issue was that MailingStreet was deleted in Salesforce, so because of the difference between the contacts in Salesforce/Zuora it errored out when attempting to submit.

-Jay

Support SME

Here is some additional information on the behavior from testing different Quote Types , based on current design:

have tested this thoroughly for all possible quote types and noticed the following

• For the scenario

Existing Billing Account, New Subscription Quote flow
    Unless all information in a contact record matches on both Zuora and SFDC end. the BIlltoContact and SoldtoContact will come as blank

• For Amendment and Renewal Quotes flow
    If all information in two contacts are exactly same except for the email address, Both Renewal and Amendment quote Flow by default is picking up the other contact.

Currently zuora will just use full name (First name + Last name) to mapping the bill to and sold to contact when you create a renewal quote.

If there are multiple contacts with same First name and Last name in one account, we just pick up the first record returned from the query, and the order of query is the default order by SFDC. (so maybe renewal quote's default sold to and bill to contact is different from the contact you select when you created the new quote.)

But send to z-billing will use the right sold to and bill to contact in zuora, cause we will use the sold to and bill to contact id in billing account object but not the contact you select from quote page, unless you click <Update Zuora Account Details> button.