Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Backfill New Custom Field to existing Subscriptions?

In order to have a better understanding of the types of subscriptions our customers have active on their account, we added a "Software Version" custom field to the Quote Object in Salesforce, and a corresponding "Software Version" field on the Subscription Custom Fields in Zuora, as well as on the Subscription object in Salesforce - all with the same API name, and added to the Custom Field Field Set to Sync with Zuora.

Moving forward, this is working fine. All new quotes that generate Subscriptions in Zuora are setting this custom field on the Subscription, and it's syncing back down to the Subscription object in Salesforce.

However, I'd like to go back and "backfill/data load" the correct Picklist value onto all of our existing subscriptions, so that we can be confident that this field value is populated on all subscriptions. I am able to mass-update accounts/contacts/payment methods through a CSV file export/import, but I can't find a similar option for mass-updating Subscription details. I can EXPORT Subscriptions, but there is no corresponding IMPORT option.

How can I update all of the existing Subscriptions in Zuora to have a value for this new field?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Re: Backfill New Custom Field to existing Subscriptions?

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

hello?

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @mmarchese Sorry for the delayed response . You can perform an API update on the subscription records on Zuora end that do not have the custom field value populated.  Thanks

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √