Happy Business Starts Here

Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans

Master

I found this option the other day:

Select to automatically replace an expired rate plan when creating a renewal quote and the subscription contains an inactive rate plan (past the expiration date set in the product catalog).

(From https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/...

Does anyone know what happens if you check that? i.e. what rate plan would it replace the old one with, or is there a way to set which it should be?

Cheers,

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans

Hi Nigel,

This is a very old feature, pre-dating us all Smiley Happy

If you have a product rate plan , and you renew it, and it's expired, but there's another plan on the same product, it replaces it.
It's finding another non-expired ProductRatePlan on the Product that was replaced.
One potential consideration is, it does require you to configure your Zuora Catalog around the behavior of this setting.

If there are multiple non-expired rate plans on the product, it doesn't do anything. It flags it 'Expired', which is nothing more than a warning.

Please let me know if this helps

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi Nigel,

This is a very old feature, pre-dating us all Smiley Happy

If you have a product rate plan , and you renew it, and it's expired, but there's another plan on the same product, it replaces it.
It's finding another non-expired ProductRatePlan on the Product that was replaced.
One potential consideration is, it does require you to configure your Zuora Catalog around the behavior of this setting.

If there are multiple non-expired rate plans on the product, it doesn't do anything. It flags it 'Expired', which is nothing more than a warning.

Please let me know if this helps

Thank you
Doyeli

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

@doyeli Thanks!  Sadly we can't set our catalog that way - BUT it would be super useful feature if you could specify another rate plan on the same (or even different) product to auto-renew to.   This would be exactly what we want, I just couldn't see a way to specify that other rate plan Smiley Happy  I'll see if I can find anything in the ideas.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @Nigel Thank you.

So, if you have two rate Plans on a product and one of them has expired by the time you are reniewing a Quote having that rate plan, Isn't it automaticlly seleting that second rate plan from the same product when you have "Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans" feature enabled?

Thank you
doyeli

Highlighted
Master

@doyeli  I've not tried it because we'll have more than one active rate plan at any one time - e.g. we may have "Standard Rate Plan V1" and "Premium Rate Plan V1"  but then we may expire the Standard V1 and want to renew that to Standard V2, but Premium V1 will still be active.   If there was a drop down to select which other plan to renew to then it'd be useful.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Thank you @Nigel for the update. In that case, it might make sense for you to not  use this setting ?

Thank you

Doyeli

Highlighted
Master

Thanks - No - we aren't using it. I was just offerering a sugestion for how it could, for us at least, be extremely useful. I have also posted this to an idea - https://community.zuora.com/t5/Billing-Payment-Ideas/Auto-replace-Expired-Rate-Plans-specify-new-rat...

Cheers,

Nigel

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Thank you @Nigel for posting it as an IDEAS