Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Amendment Quote PDF - Individual Charge Totals does not equal overall Total

In our Amendment Quote PDF's, why doesn't the sum of the the individual Charge Totals equal the overall Total?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Amendment Quote PDF - Individual Charge Totals does not equal overall Total

In this instance the Amendment Quote Template merge fields being used to display the 'Total Price' and 'Total' values are as follows:

Amendment Quote Template.png

We can see in the Charge Summary table the <<ChargeSummary.TotalPrice>> merge field is being used to display 'Total Price'. This value is the Total Price at the Charge level for the specific Charge.

Whereas for the 'Total' value the <<Quote.Previewed_Total>> merge field is being used. This is the Total Value at the Quote level. Quote.Previewed_Total is the quote total for the specified billing periods, including discount charges and taxes. This is calculated based on the 'Calculate Quote Metrics Through' setting (Number of Billing Periods or End of Term). See the following Knowledge Center article for details; Quote Metrics

The ChargeSummary.TotalPrice represents the Total amount of each charge, it is basically Quantity * Price.

For your reference I have included the following Knowledge Center articles:

An alternative approach would be to use the QuoteRatePlanCharge table (with QuoteRatePlanCharge merge fields) instead of ChargeSummary ones; Quote Rate Plan Charge Merge Fields

The sum of <<QuoteRatePlanCharge.zqu__Billingtotal__c>> will equal <<Quote.Previewed_Total>>

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √