Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Amend() call for over 10 amendments

Hi,

I understand that there is a limit to the number of amendments that the Amend() call will accept, which currently is set to 10 and it's a hard limit. Is there a reason for this hard limit?

Our company, it's very typical that a client can amend a subscription, add multiple new products and addons. In addition, we handle discounts by updating the charges (i.e. as you purchase more, we give you more discounts), which thus creates product update amendments. Thus, the 10 limit per amend call is a huge blocker and can be easily reached. Now, I've been told that we could try using multiple quotes to get around this limit but would that result in:

1. multiple invoices generated if the "generate invoice" option is set

2. multiple payments processed if we want the payment to be processed immediately

3. quote metrics - we wouldn't be able to get an aggregate of the entire quote

Any suggestions on how to best resolve a scenario on cases where we would easily reach the 10 amendment limit?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Amend() call for over 10 amendments

Hello!

We've checked in with some of our GS team and while the amend() call has the 10 amendment limit currently, there are some addition notes we'd like to share.

• If generate invoice and generate payment is on, you can amend synchronously up to 10.
  • If generate invoice and generate payment is off, you can create up to 20 amendments.
    • With this option, you are looking at a batch-based approach using the create() amendment call where you can create up to 50 amendment objects. You have to make use of CallOptions in this scenario.
    • Reference: Call Options

If there is anything else you'd like to add to this, please feel free to comment @Kyle and @Shanm

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Support SME

This is a great question, @khong-xogrp ! I'll reach out to our Services team to see how they've handled similar scenarios.

Highlighted
Tutor

We have the same issue here. It used to be a limit of 5 but that was increased. The main issue we have with it is that we changed our pricing structure so when we try to move a client to the new pricing and have to remove say 6 items and add 6 items it won't let you. If you move to mi=ultiplr quotes then you can simply remove old items on one quote and replace with another as the subscription cannot have zero charge lines on it. This is really frustrating and as we add more 'Apps' to our appstore this will simply become worse.

Be interested to see your feedback on this.

Highlighted
Partner

Has there been any update on this topic? I am facing the same issue with a client.

Alternatively, is there a way to intercept the amend() call and break up the amendments into groups of 10? i.e. is there an interface that we can override to do this and bypass the default code?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Hello!

We've checked in with some of our GS team and while the amend() call has the 10 amendment limit currently, there are some addition notes we'd like to share.

• If generate invoice and generate payment is on, you can amend synchronously up to 10.
  • If generate invoice and generate payment is off, you can create up to 20 amendments.
    • With this option, you are looking at a batch-based approach using the create() amendment call where you can create up to 50 amendment objects. You have to make use of CallOptions in this scenario.
    • Reference: Call Options

If there is anything else you'd like to add to this, please feel free to comment @Kyle and @Shanm

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honor Student

it's typical that a client can make amendments to a subscription, while also adding few multiple new products and addons. In addition, do you handle discounts by updating the charges.. one thing more, is there a way to intercept the amend() call and break up the amendments into groups of 10? i.e. is there an interface that we can override to do this and bypass the default code.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Hi @AmyLy,

Thanks for the response and additional notes. I am still unclear of the reason of imposing any limits on the Amend call and would like to know if it's something that will soon increase or possibly go away altogether.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@khong-xogrp -- our Product Management team is reviewing the request to increase the Amend call limits. You can follow and upvote the request at this post: http://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce-Ideas/Increase-the-number-of-amendments-on-one-Qu...

My suggestion would be to add any comments there.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Master

Amy,

Where can I find this setting? Is there documentation what this is setting will do when enabled/disabled?

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@mpastore:

The ability to do the 20 amend() calls with the no-invoice-generation caveat is something that has to be enabled on the backend.

After this is enabled, when you use the amend() call,  you would need to set the AmendOptions GenerateInvoice field to false (default behavior is true). 

Reference:

I'll check in with my documentation team to make sure there's a place where this is clarified.