Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

Amend Quote Template Question

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to Zuora, as well as the Zuora community. I've been trying to get myself up to speed as fast as possible, but I'm stuck on one thing. Hopefully some of you bright folks here can be of assistance.

Our company's Amended Quote Template doesn't include any references to the original subscription (i.e. the one that it's being amended in to).

Situation:

Client A has an active Subscription B for Product C with 5 months left in their current term.

They want to buy Product D today, and have it co-termed into the existing subscription.

Ideally our Amended Quote Template would include:

i) The original Subscription B's Name, and Renewal/Term End Date (any additional details I can grab or reference would be good to know as well).

ii) The "adjusted" initial term for Product D (in this case 5 months).

-> I might need a custom formula field in SF for this one, which would be fine if I knew how to point it at the Subscription B Renewal/Term End Date.

I am getting acquainted with merge fields in the quote templates, but I can't figure out how I would even reference this kind of cross-object type of information. Surely it must be stored somewhere, as they have the option to choose Subscription B when they create an Amend Quote.

Has anyone else ever run into this issue and (hopefully) resolved it?

I appreciate all the help in advance. Would love to get this resolved before the boss gets back from vacation! =)

If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks again,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Guru

Re: Amend Quote Template Question

@michaelmQ4 On the Quote Object there's a field that populates with the subscription name.  Using Quote.zqu__Subscription_Name__c field you can reference that anywhere on your template.  If you want to reference it in the Charge Summary Table on the template, you need to create a custom formula field on the Quote Charge Summary object that references the quote field,  zqu__QuoteRatePlan__r.zqu__Quote__r.zqu__Subscription_Name__c.

Savvy Scholar

Re: Amend Quote Template Question

This is amazing - thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

This is exactly what I was looking for, and it was staring me right in the face.

Cheers again!