Happy Business Starts Here

Account Related Delete - Sync with Salesforce Consideration / Issue?

Highlighted
Student

Account Related Delete - Sync with Salesforce Consideration / Issue?

As I understand it, a record is never physically deleted from Zuora.

So, if a record is logically (aka soft) deleted from Zuora it is somehow causing a physical (aka hard) delete of the record to take place in Salesforce. In an example, there is an activity taking place in Zuora that is resulting in a Zuora__SubscriptionProductCharge__c record being deleted from Salesforce. 

How is the record being deleted from Salesforce? Is Zuora 360 causing the record to be deleted? How does it delete the record without IsDeleted being set? Are there circumstances where Zuora 360 will delete the record from Salesforce without putting it into the Recycle Bin? I know that SkyVia is expecting any deleted records to have IsDeleted set to TRUE which I understand to mean the record will be placed in the Recycle Bin. Is there a mechanism that Zuora 360 is using (such as the Salesforce Bulk API) to delete the records from Salesforce without setting IsDeleted to TRUE / placing the record in the Recycle Bin?

I'm trying to understand how the record in Salesforce is deleted and SkyVia Replication sees no delete to process.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Darryll Petrancuri

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Account Related Delete - Sync with Salesforce Consideration / Issue?

Hi @dpetrancuri, Any create/update made on Zuora end gets synced over SFDC end. When an amendment is made on Zuora to remove a rate plan charge, the corresponding Subscription Product Charge record directly gets deleted from Salesforce end by 360 sync DELETE operation.

360 sync does not use isDeleted Field which is a salesforce standard field

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Student

Thank you for your reply.

I'm still not geting the answer I need. When a Subscription Product Charge record gets deleted from Zuora, and the related record in SFDC is deleted, it seems the deleted Subscription Product Charge record does wind up going into the Recycle Bin, as I am able to query the Recycle Bin from the Execute Anonymous Query window in SFDC Developer Console and find the deleted records. Does this make sense?

Now, as I understand SkyVia replication it queries ALL ROWS and looks for those with a LastModifiedDate between a certain date range and uses the resulting records as the the list of records which needs to be sync'd via replication.

But somehow, the deleted records are not being replicated. That is, record marked as deleted in SFDC remain in the replicated tables. It's like SkyVia is not detecting the deleted records, but yet I can clearly see them in the recycle bin.

Furthermore the problem appear intermitttent. There are days where SkyVia reports no records for delete replication yet there are deleted records corresponding to the time period in question in the Recycle Bin for the object in question. However, there are days where SkyVia reports n records for delete replication and n corresponds to the number of deleted records for the time period in question in the Recycle Bin for the object in question. So, it's like some days SkyVia is able to find the records to be deleted and some days it is not.

I know this likely is not Zuora's problem, but any insights you might be able to share would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your attention and consideration.

Respectfully.

Darryll Petrancuri

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @dpetrancuri Sorry for the delay in replying back.

>> When a Subscription Product Charge record gets deleted from Zuora, and the related record in SFDC is deleted, it seems the deleted Subscription Product Charge record does wind up going into the Recycle Bin, as I am able to query the Recycle Bin from the Execute Anonymous Query window in SFDC Developer Console and find the deleted records. Does this make sense?

Yes, this as expected

Unfortunately, I am not familair with how the SkyVia replication works so cannot comment at this point why it does not work intermittently.

Does the  tool look at any specific field value/condition  to determine if it is a candidate for replication or not?

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √