Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

12 fields with TCV in the name

We're running Z-Quotes v7.1.3. I'm at the end of my wits! Can someone please tell me which of these I can reliably use to return the actual TCV for my quotes? I was using zqu_quote__c.zqu__TCV__c, but that is sometimes returning $0 even when the visualforce page of the Quote Information Quote Metrics section is showing the correct TCV.

On zqu__quote__c:

1. zqu__Previewed_Delta_TCV__c
  2. zqu__DeltaTCV__c
  3. zqu__Previewed_TCV__c
  4. zqu__TCV__c

On zqu__QuoteAmendment__c:

1. zqu__DeltaTCV__c

On zqu__QuoteCharge__c:

1. zqu__TCV__c
  2. zqu__TCVForRollup__c

On zqu__QuoteChargeDetail__c:

1. zqu__DeltaTCV__c
  2. zqu__TCV__c

On zqu__QuoteChargeSummary__c

1. zqu__TCV__c
  2. zqu__PreviewedTCV__c

On zqu__QuoteTCVStatus__c

1. zqu__TCV_to_Include__c

Thanks!

-Jake

4 REPLIES 4
Guru

Re: 12 fields with TCV in the name

@jake-elemental So any object where you see TCV vs PreviewedTCV is due to the introduction of the newer "PreviewedTCV" field. This field is retrieved directly from the Zuora billing system rather than being calculated locally in Salesforce Apex. This means that this value is more accurate when using more complext charges that the original Salesforce Apex code did not compute in the same way. (i.e. we found that in some scenarios it would round differently and figures would be off by a couple dollars at times.) The newer Previewed fields result in "to-the-penny" accurate figures that align with what the actual invoice will be.

For our reporting we leverage the Previewed TCV field on the Quote and on the QuoteChargeSymmary object for rollups to the opportunity and for reports.

Valued Scholar

Hi feisly,

Thanks for the reply! So if the zqu__Quote__c.zqu__Previewed_TCV__c field is reliable, why do I need to worry about any other fields? Couldn't I use a Process Builder flow to update Opportunity with the zqu__Quote__c.zqu__Previewed_TCV__c?

Guru

@jake-elemental If all you need is the Quote TCV then you are right you dont need anything else.

We used the TCV (and MRR) fields on the Quote Charge Summary as we needed to classify the product type before rolling up the value (i.e. MRR for SaaS vs MRR for Support/Services and so on).

Also if you are going to do Rollups to the Opportunity, Process Builder is good but you might also take a look at DLRS (https://github.com/afawcett/declarative-lookup-rollup-summaries)

It allows rollups from any lookup based relationship (as opposed to builtin ones needing Master-Detail). I consider it my swiss-army-knife of reporting rollups in our Org. If you have Enterprise or higher it can do the rollups in realtime (otherwise you can use Process Builder or Scheduling to trigger the runs)

Valued Scholar

Got it! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!