Happy Business Starts Here

Z-Quote template to have zero value line item function

Feature Request: Z-Quote template to have zero value line item function

Reference Number: DE5423

Business Need: In Z-Billing we can set up an invoice not to display zero value invoice line items, and some customers are asking for Z-Quote to support this function.

7 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Student

This is huge for us. Zuora templates are unusable without this functionality.

Savvy Scholar

RE: In Z-Billing we can set up an invoice not to display zero value invoice line items,~~~Does this address problem below?

Where is this setting ?~~thanks!!

Invoice Item-Zero Dollar-Dollar Amt.png

If We have Nexus in that state even when that line item has zero $ value;the Tax Calculatoins are the same

Avalara calculates any applicable tax (state,county,city,special tax) against the zero dollar line item and charges me for those transactions if they are the greater of the line item count,tax call count or invoice count

To reduce the operational cost on zero dollar revenue : Can I filter for Zero on line item prior to using the Avalara Connector ?

I'd love a Z setting that states: if the line item or even the total value of invoice = 0 do not import line item into Avalara Connector 

Thanks,

Savvy Scholar

Does this Z setting filter off zero $ line items off invoice PDF only  or can it be manipulated to filter zero line items off the Avalara Connector export ?

Please let me know where this setting is ~Thanks so much !!

Guru

So quotes and invoice templates can be configured to hide $0 line items. But this is purely a cosmetic rendering change. It does not impact the data stored on the quote/invoice. Additionally as has been mentioned in another thread, it does not apply to all tables in the invoice (i.e. some things like taxes may still appear).

Savvy Scholar

You've just saved me hours of trolling; perhaps once they manage all the tables on invoice; it won't be too long before we can exclude 0$ line items from the Avalara export

Thank you Jacob, really appreciate your expertise !!