Happy Business Starts Here

Subscription Product & Charge Object currently has a lookup to a custom Product Object

Subscription Product & Charge Object currently has a lookup to a custom Product Object

Subscription Product & Charge Object currently has a lookup to a custom Product Object and we need to be able to lookup to the native salesforce Product2 object. I can see that the lookup is deprecated but there doesn't appear to be an alternative.

Is this something that is pending fix in an upcoming release?

The lookup relationship on the Subscription Product & Charge object:

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 11.39.05 AM.png

The lookup to the custom Product object:

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 11.39.20 AM.png

3 Comments
Savvy Scholar

To give the full picture the object highlighted in red is the managed Product object and it has no relationship to the Product2 native object.

Schema Builder - Subscription Object Relationships.png

Savvy Scholar

The Product2, Product Rate Plan, Product Rate Plan Charge hierarchy is Zuora Quotes, not Zuora for Salesforce. Because of this we've always had to use triggers to link the SP&C to the product catalog info we need for reporting.

Thankfully the more recent versions of Zuora for Salesforce include the Zuora__ProductRatePlanChargeId__c field and it's a lot easier than it used to be.

Savvy Scholar

Thanks Ben,

Reporting is where we are having some trouble too. Having spoken to a support rep at Zuora and now tested myself, the Zuora__Product__c object syncs to Salesforce with the Accounts & Objects related sync whereas the Product2 object syncs with the Product Catalog sync. It looks like this was intended behavior and I think by recreating all fields that are needed in reporting as custom fields in Zuora on the Product and on the Zuora__Product__c object in Salesforce and syncing across then it will sync to both the Product2 and the Zuora__Product__c objects.

What my follow-up question would be is how this works when bundling is enabled and managing the product catalog from Salesforce. With this enabled you have to sync from Salesforce to Zuora, I'm not sure which object it would sync from. Will try and test soon.