Happy Business Starts Here

Sort Table Functionality in Quote Template

Feature Request: Sort Table functionality in Quote Template

Reference Number: DE5862

Business Need: This feature is available in Invoice Template. Z-Quote users are unable to control the sort order on the Z-Quotes template.

10 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Student

Right now the order of the charges come in a random order. It would be nice to group things together. 

Zuora Alumni

Sorting in our product selector Id like to do in the next month or two.

Advanced Tutor

We would like to sort and/or group on our quotes so that we can distinguish one-time charges from recurring charges. Is there an alternate way to do this without the sorting feature?

Guru

@odawson I think @nathanc's comment from early 2016 is slightly out of date now. We currently use sorting on our quotes to allow us to group our charges together as well as logically order things. As an example we show:

Recurring Subscription Plan A

Addons to Subscription Plan A

Recurring Subscription Plan B

Addons to Subscription Plan B

One Time Charges (i.e. Setup/Upgrade Services)

Removed Subscription X (could be shown on a renewal/upgrade)

For an actual example of this in action, check out my write up over here (complete with sample template): https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce/Quote-Template-Sample-with-Advanced-Customizatio...

Guru

I do want to clarify that @nathanc was commenting on the product selector (what the sales rep sees) and I am specifically noting the order on the template (what gets sent to the customer). As of this writing you can sort on the template, but the selector view for sales does not allow sorting (which quite frankly to me is less critical since its an internal view)

Advanced Tutor

@feisley Thanks for the quick reply! I will definitely need to take a look at your write-up and will let you know if I have any questions.

New Student

This would be great. It is shocking that it this feature isn't allowed.

Guru

@cmaharg Check out this article where I give an example of sorting tables in the Quote Template:

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce/Quote-Template-Sample-with-Advanced-Customizatio...