Happy Business Starts Here

Invoice templates - extend merge fields and operation support

Would like to see the IF merge fields support custom fields.

Also would be great if simple arithmetic operations such are supported (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) Current, we are having to add custom fields (string) to track this type of "calculated" information.

8 Comments
Zuora Alumni

Is this Invoice or Quote Templates?  In Quote Templates we support IF statements today.

Zuora Alumni
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Guru

Pretty sure this is working today in Invoicing. And by "pretty sure" I mean we are actively doing it in our invoice template today.

Example:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD Account.CustomField__c } = "Some Value" "Shown if TRUE" "Shown if FALSE" }

Disclaimer: This may not be "officially" sanctioned as supported but it seems like pretty basic merge functionality to me.

Cheers,

Jacob

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Tutor

Hi,

For the maths you can use the SET and REF statements. 

Valued Scholar

According to this document, only certain fields are supported on the Invoice IF Merge fields: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/IA_Invoices/Creating_a_Custom_Invoice_Template/Merge_Fi...

Custom Fields are supported within an Invoice template, just not within the IF conditional.

Valued Scholar

@gpotoczny - do you have a link to an article explaining the usage of those the SET and REF statements? Thanks!

Tutor