Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Scholar

Sorting invoice based on custom MERGEFIELD

I really hope that you guys have some ideas about these struggles. I work for an insurance firm. We added two new fields to our Zuora tenant for tracking claims and estimates, claim_ID__c & Estimate_ID__c. We want to be able to show usage using these custom fields. The idea is to show all the estimates first, and then all the claims second. 17JanSortCustomField.png

17JanSortCustomField02.png

I've sorted these uses using Usage.Date. I want to then, after sorting by date, sort by Estimate_ID__c to keep the estimates grouped seperately from the claims. Whenever I try to upload my template Zuora tells me that the field I'm trying to sort by is not properly defined. 

I've copy-pasted the field to other parts of the sheet and the field populates as expected, so the field is correct. Zuora just doesn't want to sort on that bases.

I don't know what I should do. Do any of you have any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Sorting invoice based on custom MERGEFIELD

This totally bums me out, but Zuora apparently doesn't support sorting by custom fields. Smiley Indifferent I guess this resposne is just to put a lid on this issue. If this thread appears in a google search it can help prevent new users from losing as much time on this issue as I did. Annotation 2020-01-23 143349.png

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Sorry you had to go through that @TylerOlsen14!

Just out of curiosity, have you looked into the HTML-based Custom Invoice Template Workflow tasks?

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Developer_Platform/Workflow/Workflow_tasks/FE_Billing_Custom_Invoi...

Highlighted
Scholar

No, I haven't looked at that. We did, however, seem to have a break through. Something must have changed in the paradigm, because now I can sort using custom fields. It looks like this whole thing was moot. 

CustomFieldSort.pngCustomFieldSort_03.png